Day vist to Norton Priory

TAS members visited the Augstininian priory (1134) remains and museum complex in Runcorn. The remains were excavated from 1971. A newly updated museum complex is well worth visiting and a new viewing gallery of the site. Following the Visit a fleeting visit to the Castle pub and then Halton castle in freezing conditions.


View from New gallery

Two major phases of construction, grafitti adorns the earlier stone windows

close up of wall outline of the main church walling and edge of the cloister

Illuminated late 14th century statue of St Christopher and TAS members

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.